Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Offline Error
If you have just bought the printer and the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Offline error appears, due to DHCP problem.
DHCP and Static IP Addresses
- Wired and wireless printer need to stay connected to your router for setting up
- Besides, they are also required to repair the printer’s ‘Offline’ status
- You also need a network speed up your printer’s wireless printing
- Finally, they can wake your printer up from the ‘Sleep’ mode
Static IP Address Importance
- Static or fixed IP addresses are utterly crucial when you are using wired or wireless printer devices.
- IP addresses do not conflict with the existing wireless network.
- As external devices, printers are the only ones that do not interrupt the router automatically when the DHCP address expires
Setting the Static Address
- The computer ‘Printer Properties/Ports’ must be updated to setup the static IP addresses
- They must feature a Standard TCP/IP Port along with the new static printer IP
- You may want to check your manual to set the static UP outside the range of the DHCP
- If you are using Linksys routers, then first verify the DHCP range and change it
- Once the static IP is set, update the ‘Printer Properties/Ports’
- To set the TCP/IP port, first go to ‘Start’ and then click on ‘Devices and Printers’
- Then look for your HP Printer and right click on it
- From the drop-down select ‘Printer Properties’ and then click on the ‘Ports’ option tab
- Click on the following:
- Add Port -> Standard TCP/IP Port -> New Port
- Next, follow any instructions to you see on the ‘Add Port’ installer
- Input the Static IP address that you just set in the field under ‘Printer Name’ or ‘IP Address’
- You will also see the Port Name with the same IP Address
- Then click on ‘Next’ and finally ‘Finish’ to complete the action
Note: You will lose TCP/IP connection, if you create a TCP/IP port with a Static IP
MAC PCs Configuring for HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
- To adjust the IP setting on your MAC PC, go to ‘System Preferences’ from the ‘APPIE’ button
- Then click on ‘Network’ and depending upon the connectivity that you have currently click on either ‘Ethernet’ or ‘Wi-Fi’
- Then go to ‘Advanced’ and choose ‘TCP/IP’
- Here, you can click on ‘Renew DHCP Lease’ to change the IP Address
- Once you have done this all your EWS printers will go by the static IP address and your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Offline error disappears.